How Pure Plumbing & Air Can Protect Your Family
While you may not see or smell it, carbon monoxide (CO) is a real and silent threat to your home. At Pure Plumbing & Air, we believe in keeping your home comfortable and, more importantly, safe. In this blog, we’ll shed light on the dangers of carbon monoxide and share how our expertise can help safeguard your home.
- Understanding Carbon Monoxide: Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by common household appliances like furnaces, water heaters, and stoves. Carbon monoxide can accumulate in your home when these devices burn fuel inefficiently, posing severe health risks.
- The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Breathing in carbon monoxide can lead to symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, nausea, and confusion. Prolonged exposure or high concentrations can be life-threatening. This is caused when Carbon Monoxide is inhaled; the gas travels to the bloodstream and causes carboxyhemoglobin to form. The carboxyhemoglobin inhibits oxygen intake, and this causes the poisoning. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) estimates that 420 people die yearly from Carbon monoxide poisoning, and over 100,000 people are hospitalized. Pure Plumbing & Air emphasizes the importance of recognizing the signs of Carbon Monoxide poisoning and taking immediate action if you suspect a problem.
- The Role of Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Installing carbon monoxide detectors is critical in protecting your family. Pure Plumbing & Air recommends placing sensors in key areas of your home, such as near bedrooms and shared living spaces. Regular testing and battery replacement are essential to ensure their proper functioning.
- Professional Inspection and Maintenance: Preventing carbon monoxide leaks starts with routine maintenance of your heating appliances. Pure Plumbing & Air provides thorough inspections and maintenance services for furnaces and water heaters through our Pure Plan Membership. Our skilled technicians identify and address potential issues with a comprehensive 19-point check, ensuring your home remains a haven.
- Emergency Response Planning: In case of a carbon monoxide leak, having an emergency response plan is crucial. Pure Plumbing & Air advises homeowners to establish evacuation procedures and ensure all family members are familiar with the sound of CO detectors. If a leak is detected, the detector will alarm with three (3) chirps. If your sensors go off, leave your home immediately and contact emergency services such as the fire department, the gas company, and your reliable HVAC/Plumbing company such as Pure Plumbing & Air.
Trust Pure Plumbing & Air for Your Safety: Your safety is our top priority. Pure Plumbing & Air has a team of experienced professionals ready to assess, maintain, and repair your HVAC systems to prevent carbon monoxide issues. Our commitment to safety extends beyond just comfort – it’s about peace of mind for you and your family.
Carbon monoxide is a hidden danger that can compromise the well-being of your household. Understanding the risks and taking proactive measures can create a safer living environment. Pure Plumbing & Air is here to support you every step of the way, ensuring your home remains a place of comfort and security.