Modernize your hot water consumption by installing a tankless water heater. Tankless water heaters have come a long way and now have many advantages over standard tank water heaters. Here are the top five reasons to install a tankless water heater in your home.
- Save Money: From now until November 1, 2013, Southwest Gas is offering a $350 rebate on Energy Star tankless water heater installations. To make the deal even better, Pure Plumbing is also offering an additional 20% off tankless water heater installations. These rebates will not be available for long so it is imperative to act now!
- Increased Efficient: We all know being green matters to our environment and actually saves us greens! Most tankless water heaters have earned the Energy Star approval by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. Abiding by these strict standards, not only helps the environment, but it will also decrease your home’s energy consumption. By providing hot water only when it is needed, tankless water heaters save homeowners over 40% on their energy bills!
- Increased Longevity: Tankless water heaters have a higher return on investment than standard water heaters because of their increased life span. Tankless units typically last up to 20 years. That is more than double the longevity of a standard tank water heater!
- Ditch the Tank: Let’s face it, standard water heaters, take up lots of space, are prone to flooding, and are a real eyesore! Tank-style units can take up to 16 feet of valuable space in your garage or other areas of you home! Also when standard water heaters go out, they are likely to flood homes and garages, putting homeowners at increased risk for flood damage. Tankless water heaters can be installed on virtually any wall, both indoor and outdoors and are only a fraction of the size of standard tank water heaters. In other words, tankless water heaters will afford you more space and are never a flooding hazard.
- Continuous Hot Water: Tankless water heaters heat water on demand, providing you with an endless supply of hot water. You can use hot water for multiple tasks like: showering, dishes, and laundry and not worry about your hot water running out. These units have the ability to generate more hot water, at a more consistent temperature, and use less energy than a typical tank-style water heater.